Saturday, December 19, 2009
DJ Hero a second look.
I am sort of a music genre junkie, I like rocking out with plastic instruments and pretending that I am a Rock Hero. I had played the original Guitar Hero (and the sequel) back in the day on PlayStation 2, and when Rock Band came out I was first in line at Game stop to pick up the special edition. And later that night the first of many Rock Band parties had occurred. That was in November of 2007 since then there's been more then a dozen different games released in this genre, over a thousand song (I've got 400 or so) released for Rock Band. But now the newest in the Hero lineup on games is the DJ Hero which (you guessed it) makes you a virtual DJ.
I pick up DJ Hero a week after it launch from a deal on amazon, it's an interesting game but was missing something; that being a second DJ controller. While the game has the option for turn-table vs turn-table as well as turn-table with guitar. But really with a game like this I have to wonder where the turn-table and drum option is?
But basically all music genre games come down to one thing, the music and with DJ Hero ya have a winner here. Consisting of mash up of various songs (80 plus) you'll scratch over 100 mixes while adding sound drops, switching tracks, and spinning the turn-table. The game works well with a friend (although some features don't work in co-op) but still is missing the party (4 or more) experience that Rock Band can provide. The actual turn table itself takes a bit more time to get use to when compared with the guitar and drum instruments, but works pretty well. The only real qualm I have about it the switch used to move back in forth between tracks, the actual lever doesn't click into the middle position as well it could. DJ Hero is worth a look if your fan of the music genre or want to be a DJ but think a real turn-table has too many button.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment