Thursday, July 1, 2010

Big days in TV and Movie for the rest of 2010

Moveline.com has an interesting article about the 9 most important days for Television and Movies for the rest of the year.

July 16 Inception Opens
I for one can not wait to see this film, since I saw the original teaser over a year ago all I can think about is what is Inception? Where will Christopher Nolan take us on this journey? There's no getting around this, but Inception is the last great hope for original movies, this summer has been filled with either sequels or remakes. And yet here we have Nolan with a 200 Million dollar budget based on an idea that he was interesting in telling us about, yes I am sure Warner Bros gave Nolan this movie as a good will gesture so that he'll come back and finish his Batman Trilogy. But if this movie does fail the ramifications of it could be drastic, who knows what those Hollywood figurehead will do next? With Iron Man 2 made money but pretty awful compare to the first film, Prince of Persia doesn't seem to be on track for it's trilogy, Shrek and Sex and the City were panned but made decent money. And Robin Hood and A-Team haven't made any money and yet both of those films leave it WIDE open for sequels and maybe worst then that is the Tom Cruise rebooting his career may have failed with Knight and Day so who knows if we'll ever get Mission Impossible 4.

July 25: Mad Men Returns
This show along with Dexter have been the two critical darlings that really have revitalized Cable television, with Dexter fourth season finishing on a high note I can only hope that Mad Men fourth season will be just as spectacular. That and the season finale will lead us right into the Fall season.

Aug. 13: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World opens
Once again Scott Pilgrim stands as the last hope for (minor) comic book movies. With Kick Ass, The Losers, Jonah Hex, not being a huge box office success, Pilgrim needs to rule the Box Office otherwise I doubt we'll see all these small adaptation coming to the big Screen. The Teaming of Michael Cera and director Edgar Wright seems like the perfect match, but who knows if this movie will bring in the casual audience.

September 26, 2010 Dexter Returns
With Dexter coming off a shocking seasoning ending finale some wonder how the showrunners will top themselves. And more importantly J.J. Abram returns to directing a TV pilot, the last time he a did that he directed the pilot for Lost. NBC needs Abram's Undercovers to be a massive hit, No more Heroes and possibly the end of The Office NBC needs a hit.

Oct. 1: David Fincher’s The Social Network opens
Will people care enough to know the real life story behind facebook or will they simply ignore it like Farmville invites?

Nov. 8: Conan O’Brien returns to television on TBS
NBC will find out if they made a huge mistake in letting Conan go or will Team Coco have moved onto other late night endeavors. In an interesting twist Conan will actually bump George Lopez back an hour, just like Leno was going to do to him....I wonder if George will get mad and take his show to the CW.

Nov. 19: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part I opens
I've seen exactly one Harry Potter film and I really enjoyed myself with it, why I haven't seen the other 5 or so movies is beyond me. I think that this first part will probably make the most money out of all the films this year (It's playing in 3D) and with the final movie coming in summer of next year I'm going to have get caught up quickly.

Dec. 17: Tron Legacy opens
The original film that starred a revolution in computer animation and was a real love letter from Disney animators and unfortunately Tron bombed at the box office and nearly ended Disney in the 80's. But now Tron Legacy is back, it's going to be in 3D (shocking I know) and will feature most of the original cast.

No comments: