Thursday, July 29, 2010

To iPad or to Kindle....



The temptation to purchase an iPad or Kindle has been hanging over me for sometime now, with amazon recently announcing a new Kindle product it has me very excited for the product.  The only problem I really have with the Kindle is that I am sure I'd want more web surfing/application use out of the product, whereas the iPad would be able to fill all the needs as well.  The thing holding me back? Money obviously, the new Kindle starts at $139 for the wifi version and $189 for the 3G verision. I find both of those price points to be very entertaining, but the iPad I find to be extremely overpriced Apple premium price for a 16GB Wifi only is $499 and the 3G 16GB iPad (not including a minimum $25 a month plan) is $629.  I can't find myself justifying that price point any day of the week, even with it's bright beautiful display.  


I guess with Amazon's aggressive price scheme and free 3G I find myself leaning towards buying a Kindle more and more.  And as I find myself reading more books, I think that having a system like a Kindle where all my books can be store is very entertaining.  And yes Apple Fanboys/girls I understand that the iPad has a Kindle program to download books, but I think that the initial investment is still a bit high, I mean I would still have spend at least another one hundred dollars in accessories.

No comments: