So normally after the summer season there generally isn't any decent movies playing, but it would appear that there are a few gems hiding in the rough. A quick rundown of a few flicks that I'm interested in seeing.
Starting with September 1st (Aka in theaters now)
The American
Hopefully this movie will in par with the movies that Clooney has been making over the past several years and more importantly it could be a departure from the normal roles that George has been taking and more in line with the Peacemaker....and by that I mean not like the peacemaker at all.
Moving onto September 17th where there are three movies opening that have potential.
Devil
Written by M. Night himself but thankfully not directed by him. We'll quickly learn if Night has any talent remaining and how fearful us Avatar: The Last Airbender fans should be about the the next movie in the trilogy.
The Town
Ben Affleck proved with his directorial debut that he knew what he was behind the camera and now he's adaptating the book "Prince of Thieves" and he's got a stellar cast featuring Don Draper and Mr. Hurt Locker. Hopefully the The Town (spoilers it's Boston) will have the same tension and suspense the book did as you followed the life of a local bank robber.
Catfish
Lastly the indie film that's making headline with it's confrontational plot, it's apparently so shocking that I've been forewarned not to watch any trailers or seek out any information about the film, just to see it. Hopefully Jeff Cantata is totally right about this movie.
September 24th
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
Is there no series that Shia LeBeouf won't ruin!? I can only hope that Oliver Stone will keep the rein tight on this movie and not nuke the fridge like Indy, I love Michael Douglas as the teacher to LeBeouf in the high stakes world of day trading.
October 1st
The Social Network
It's Facebook the movie, everybody knows what Facebook is but not everyone knows the history of how the site came to be the biggest place for friends. David Fincher (Seven/Benjamin Buttons) looks to get the most out of Jesse Eisenberg as a young Mark Zuckerberg. Thanks to the teaming of Aaron Sorkin who wrote the screenplay based off the book "Accidental Billionaire" and some slick trailers I can't wait to see how Zuckerberg took over the world.
October 8th
Let Me In
The American Remake of the Swedish movie Let the Right One In has me so excited, the original film was the best vampire film I've seen in the last ten years. At first I was very worried about this remake but with Matt Reeves (Cloverfield) directing and Kodi Smit-McPhee (The Road) Chloƫ Moretz (Kick-Ass) playing the two principal leads I'm excited to see what happens.
October 15
Red
Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, and Helen Mirren, getting buck-wild with some machine guns. Really that's all there is too this movie or at least so I think so, perhaps there's more to this film but I doubt the dark nature of the original comic will show and I bet it will shy towards a more humorous side. And with that cast I'm willing to see what happens.
October 22
Hereafter
No trailer available yet :(
Clint Eastwood (I think anything he makes is worth noting) is making a Sci-fi movie following three differently people and how they deal with death. Matt Damon leads one of the stories and he really hasn't turned in a bad performance in a long time, can't wait to see how these stories shape up.
November 5th
Due Date
Can Downey Jr and One Man Wolf Pack bring comedy to the month of November? This year hasn't been particularly great for Comedies, (Hot tub time machine and Get him to the Greek are the only two I can think of) hopefully the one-two punch can win the people over.
November 19th
Harry Potter and the eventual Two Billion Dollar Sequels....(or and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1)
There isn't anything I could say to stop you from going to see this film if you've already invested the time and money in seeing/reading the first 5 movies/novels. I must say the one thing that worries me most about this film is that the director of this film (and Part 2) David Yates has been in charge of the worst films (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) in the series.
No comments:
Post a Comment