Thursday, May 27, 2010

New TV Shows for Fall

With shows like Lost and 24 coming to end and other great shows being cancelled, (Better Off Ted and Party Down I'll miss you) they'll be a slew on new shows on the air trying to be the next Lost (Flashforward tried and failed) here's a few of my favorites I am looking forward to. All trailers were found on The Daily Beast, which has the full list of all new shows coming this Fall.

Nitka
 

I enjoyed the original movie back in the day and the old Television series that aired on USA wasn't too bad, I have decent hopes for this CW show, although with it airing on the already crowded Thursday night I am a bit worried that this show may not make it pass it's first season.

No Orindary Family



Take one part Modern Family and dash in Heroes and you have No Ordinary Family starring Michael Chiklis of the Shield and Dexter’s Julie Benz.  Although I was burned out with Heroes and I haven't had a chance to see Modern Family my Tuesday nights are generally free so I'll give this show a few episodes.

Undercovers



Probably the number one pilot that was available to networks, NBC threw the kitchen sink at J.J. Abrams to acquire this show and the last time he directed a pilot he did Lost, plus given his track record (Alias, Felicity, Fringe) it's pretty hard to vote against this guy


The Event




NBC hoping to cash in on some of those Lost fans looking for a new show and The Event just may be that show, and since this show airs Monday nights after the incredible Chuck it makes it easy for me to stay tune and check it out for a few episodes.


The Cape





A midseason pickup for NBC, The Cape is hoping to grab some of those comic fan along with the same group that made the Dark Knight 600 Million dollars.

Running Wilde



It's Arrested Development without the entire cast, but give me Will Arnett and that's a pretty good start, with Arnett given the chance to play the one upper this show seems like it will be a riot.

No comments: