Thursday, June 3, 2010

Only You

Often times the world knows how to speak to us, be it in the form of a hallmark card, movie, TV show, or song.  Sometimes the perfect melody and lyrics speak straight to your heart and that's how I felt tonight at 2 o'clock in the morning as I flew down the street with the windows down the music all the way up listening to Cartel's "Only You".  I haven't felt this sort of raw emotion since my Junior year of High School when I found out the girl (Jessica Hagsbery) I liked was going to Homecoming with another guy.  I remember at the time driving the old Jeep down Amelia by the High School just blasting the Further Seems Forever "Monachetti" same deal, windows down my heart wretched and I felt like as I screamed the lyrics at the top of my lungs that a bit of me was going with each breath.  Tonight, it was all just the same; I am just a bit older and dumber it would appear. 

No comments: